Thursday, September 29, 2011

What Do Painting & Harry Connick, Jr. Have in Common?

Probably nothing, but when you get a crafty girl that hasn't painted in a long time, a fun project to be tested out and great jazz music, then they have something in common.

I saw this really cute project of a whimsical tree and wanted to paint it to use for part of our fall decorations.


I found a great deal at AC Moore & bought 6 for $0.40 each.  I had the rest at home. 
I used the Vanilla acrylic paint to paint the white canvas.  Will walked in & told me that it was crazy for me to paint a white canvas white. :) The Vanilla had just enough color to take the stark white out.


I used the round sponge brushes, and pencil erasers to make the dots.  The Sharpie was used to make the tree.

It was a lot of fun painting along Harry Connick, Jr. playing in the back ground.  Very good "jazz" music to go with this fun painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment