Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Saluting Special Ladies Part 3

Mrs. Susan

Joe, Susan, Wes, Kayla & Heather
in 2008
I first met her when I was teaching her son in Cubbies ~ AWANA.  He is now off to a Christian college.  I feel really old, but not as old as her.  Hehe.  When I was expecting all 3 of my children, she would call me fatty.  So I began to call her old.  I told her that she would always be older than me, but that I would not always be fat.  Who needs enemies with friends like these. :)  Nah!  I love her!

I have learned so much from Susan.  She has been there for me every time I have needed her.  With 3 homeschooled children of her own, she has her hands full too, but always has times for others.  She is the type of friend that tells me what I need to hear and not what I want to hear ~ Biblically based advice. I am so thankful that, as a young mom, I have a wonderful spiritual mentor that will give me that kind of guidance.  

Side note:  She plays the organ, sings & works for our homeschool accountability group.


No comments:

Post a Comment