Monday, May 2, 2011

Saluting Special Ladies part 2


Me & Gama Batty


I have known Mrs. Kathy for 19 years.  


Mrs. Kathy has twin boys my age.  She introduced me to my husband, 15 years ago.  She has adopted me as one of her own.  When my youngest son was little, he couldn't say Gama Kathy, so he called her Gama Batty.  The name has stuck ever since.  We have been though births, deaths, life's happiest moments as well as some disappointments. 

We have worked on so many projects together.  Over the years, we have found out that anything can be made with cardboard, hot glue & duct tape.  So far, there has never been a project that we haven't been able to figure out.

She has always been there for me.  She encourages me & loves me even when I don't feel so lovable.  There are so many things that I can say about her, but for fear of my keyboard getting soaked by tears, I'll just say that I am blessed to call her friend.

Side Note:  She plays an amazing piano, has a great voice & takes wonderful pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment