Tuesday, October 12, 2010

USS Yorktown

 Our homeschool group went on a field trip to the U.S.S. Yorktown.

 If you know me, you know that I am very much afraid of bridges over water.
  (It's strange, I'm not afraid of water and I'm not 
afraid of heights, but put them together & it's scary.)
Thankfully, the family we were following took another way & we only 
went over the "small" bridge.  It wasn't very small.


The U.S.S. Yorktown was an 888 foot aircraft carrier.
It served in WWII, Korean War & Vietnam War.


 We had a lot of fun spending time with friends


Our tour guide was wonderful.   We learned that if you 
saw 1/2 Japanese flag that it meant that 2 fighter planes shot 
a Japanese plane down & they shared the victory.


 On top of the aircraft carrier.


:Fighter Faith:


 The USS Clamagore Torpedo Submarine was Collin's favorite to tour.

These halls were so small.  The men that fought on this sub had to be fit.
This is one of  the door ways.  Collin couldn't even stand up.

Pilot William reporting for duty.


 Collin: "Now this is what I'm talking about."


 Collin & Faith sitting on "explosives". My fearless, dainty little
girl talking about how cool it would be to see it blow
up a ship. Oh my!

"Briefing time" before we take off.

No comments:

Post a Comment