Wednesday, October 27, 2010

30 Days Until Thanksgiving

For the next 30 days, I'm going to list what I am thankful for.

My Salvation

We moved churches when I was 6.  In order to join the church we had to be saved.  The church where we came from didn't really talk much about salvation.  So when the pastor of the new church asked me if I knew Jesus, I said yes. I knew who He was.  I don't know if I understand his question at the age of 6, but I said I was saved.  I got baptized & then joined the church with my family.

For the next 9 years, I thought I was saved & going to heaven.  It wasn't until I was 15 years old at a youth camp that I realized that I didn't get saved when I was young.  That I was lost & going to hell.  My youth pastor, Todd Roof led me to the Lord.

I have made mistakes over the last 21 years during my salvation.  I am so thankful that I have a God that is loving & forgiving.  To walk with Him is the most wonderful thing in the world.  The last couple of years have been some of the hardest years, but it has also been some of the sweetest years.  I have seen my Lord's blessing, seen how the hardships have molded me & truly known what it means to leave something in God's hands & let Him handle it.  Rejoice in the Lord alway & again I say rejoice.  The circumstances may never change, but to have joy in the Lord ~ there is nothing like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment