Friday, February 5, 2010

New Curriculum- Already?


Yes, it is February and the next school year cannot start (for us) until June, but it is my time to start looking at curriculum for the next school year. I love researching and looking through lots of curriculum, but it can be overwhelming. Especially when it is time to make the final decision. Since I cannot afford to change curriculum half way through the year, I feel that I have to get it right the first time.

I research a few weeks and then pray about what we should use. After I find out what we are going to use, I keep my eyes out for sales, used curriculum, etc. I like to do reading and math, one or two days a week, during the summer for review and so we can get a jump start on the next year. In order to do this, I have to have what I need by May so I can plan. A little OCD maybe?

I am praying about doing Will & Collin's Science & History together next year. Most families do this when teaching multiple children, but I haven't attempted this yet. Hopefully, this will help make my job a little easier.

I am wanting to use living books with History this year. I am looking into using Truth Quest History. They use real books as well as showing God's hand in history. Sounds wonderful!

As for the rest, it's up in the air.

Blessing # 40. I am thankful for my curriculum counselor with my accountabilty group. She has helped me so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment