Sunday, February 14, 2010

The Best Valentine Weekend


Wow! What a weekend of simple pleasures.


Will signing the Book It poster.

Friday after our school work was done, Collin went to work with Tony. Will, Faith & I went to Pizza Hut for their free Pizzas. Pizza Hut has a Reading Program for schools as well as for homeschoolers. You read so many books and you get a free personal pan pizza. When the waitress brought mine out, she said that they didn't make mine right and they would be bringing another one for me for free. Woo Hoo!


It was calling for snow. (In our part of the world, it hardly ever snows.) We went to the grocery store and it was a mad house. Hardly any milk or bread. There wasn't any of the 2% milk that we buy on the shelf. The stock man walked by & asked how he could help me. He went in the back and brought out their last 2% milk. So thankful that I didn't have to go to another store.

The poor cashier told me that the store had been packed with people since 7 am. (We went at 2pm). He looked very worn out. I told him that I would pray for him to make it through the day. He looked at me funny- gave me a huge smile and thanked me.



We went to the library for a few free books and movies. Yay! Free food and free movies for our Valentine weekend.


We were going to go get some free donuts with our Valentine coupons, but the snow started floating down. We headed back home for a soon-to-be winter wonderland.


Since we hardly ever get snow, Faith did not have water proof "glubs".(Faith's pronunciation) So we wrapped plastic sandwich bags around her little hands. {Note the 2 different gloves. Faith likes to play with them with her stuffed animals. We couldn't find a complete pair}


***Let It Snow! **** Let It Snow!**** Let It Snow!****



:Snow Angels:
:Snow Ball:Somebody has been watching The Christmas Story way to much.
:Collin & Thomas the Tank Engine:


:Leia didn't want to have anything to do with the snow.:


We wanted to try Snow Candy ever since we read about Laura's mama making it for them in Little House in the Big Woods. It was a nice treat.


Snow Ice Cream. The flavor was good, but the kids nor I really liked the texture of the snow in our mouth. It was still fun to try. Maybe when it snows again in 2020, we'll make some more.

(After Chrismas, I found these Christmas Crackers at World Market for $0.70 a box. I grabbed up a few.) We enjoyed these for a Valentine surprise. We made some delicious cupcakes, read Valentine books & watched our free movies. The children loved their Valentine's gift from us. They were so excited. I have no idea what they are going to do with a handkerchief, but that is what they wanted. It was so much fun making them.

Late Sat. afternoon, this is all the snow that we had left. I love when it snows, but I'm happy when it doesn't stick around for very long.

Collin surprised me again on Valentine's morning. He picked out a suit to wear. My little men look so handsome & Faith is so pretty.

:Faith's little Heart Man:

Tonight, I have a story for our devotions about Jesus' love. The greatest Love Story of All.

I am so thankful that Jesus loves me- unconditionally.

Love Never Gives Up keeps running through my mind. I sang this when I was young in my youth choir. I found the music so my children could sing it in the children's choir. It is so true & such a fun song to sing.


Love never gives up, love never lets down;
Love keeps on trying thru smiles or frowns.
Love never says die even when it gets rough;
True love just never gives up!

No matter what_ Jesus loves you- His love just
Keeps going on and on and on and on and on!
When other friends disappoint you, you can be sure
He is there all along!


Love is very patient and kind…never jealous or envious…never boastful or
proud…never haughty or selfish or rude. Love does not demand its own
way. It is not irritable or touchy. It does not hold grudges and will
hardly even notice when others do it wrong.


Love is gentle and patient It gives and then gives
some more and more and more and more and more!
It shares without hesitation, And doesn’t even try to keep score, -
To keep score!

Love never gives up, love never lets down;
Love keeps on trying thru smiles or frowns.
Love never says die even when it gets rough;
True love just never gives up!


No comments:

Post a Comment