Friday, January 29, 2010

True Greatness

My dear friend Andrea posted this site on her blog. http://www.familyminute.com/blog/?p=544
It was so wonderful to hear this, because this is one my heart's desires for my children. To be a servant for the Lord by serving others.

I want to raise my children for true greatness.
4 qualities of True Greatness:
  • Humility - Psalm 131:1 (Lord, my heart is not haughty, nor mine eyes lofty: neither do I exercise myself in great matters, or in things too high for me.)
  • Gratefullness - 1 Chronicles 29:13 (Now therefore, our God, we thank thee, and praise thy glorious name.)
  • Generosity - Psalms 112:5 (A good man sheweth favour, and lendeth: he will guide his affairs with discretion.)
  • Servant's Heart - Mark 10:45 (For even the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many

I want my kids to be humble, thankful, care about others more than their own self and to want to help others.

Lord, help me to be these things so that I can lead by example to my children.

No comments:

Post a Comment