Tuesday, November 10, 2009

A Little of This and a Little of That


Outside my window:
it is dark and rainy. When we are home, I do love the rain. It is still warm outside. This is the perfect time to dance in the rain. I'll be back. Wanna join us?

I am thinking: that was so fun to dance in the rain with the 'lil bucks. Joy, Joy!

I am thankful for: children who love to do fun and crazy things with Mama. Also, for a hubby who does funny & crazy things too.

We are learning: how to use the resources we have to make things, predicate nominatives, how to write a non-fiction story, my 6 year old is reading, & learning to add, and the boys are learning how to be gentlemen & Faith to be a lady.

From the Kitchen: We had our favorite meal. See recipe below. You may want to try it. Kids love it.

Ultimate C
hicken Fingers
(Recipe from
the Bisquick box)

chicken strips
2/3 c Bisquick Mix

1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp garlic salt

touch of pepper
1 egg, slightly beaten

olive oil


Heat oven to 450. Line cookie sheet with foil; spray with cooking spray. In a dish, mix Bisquick mix, cheese, salt & pepper.

Dip the chicken strips into the scramble egg in a bowl. Then coat with the mix above. Place chicken on cookie sheet. Drizzle olive oil over chicken.

Bake 12-14 min., turning halfway through bake time with pancake turner.

Along with string beans & rice. When I don't have any gravy, I use chicken broth & add lemon juice to it. Delicious!!

I am wearing: a denim skirt, light gray short sleeve sweater with a purple sweater over it- along with a long purple jewel necklace. Wearing no shoes. :)

I am creating: my 2nd quilt, costumes for our children's Christmas program at church, working on Christmas presents.

I am going: to bed soon.

I am reading: Created To Be His Help Meet by Debi Pearl. This is an amazing book. It does however step on your toes. Also, our SS lesson in 3 John.

I am hoping: That Tony is having a great rehearsal for the concert on Thurs. We will have a good day of school tomorrow.

I am hearing: My dear children's voices- being sweet to each other, sharing and encouraging each other. Earlier today, it was a blessing to hear them singing songs unto the Lord.

Around the house: toys here & toys there. Soon to be picked up.

1 of my favorite things: Tom's Salt and Vinegar potato chips.

A few plans for the rest of the week: Celebrate Faith's 4th B-day tomorrow, church, homeschool field trip, clean house, nephew's B-day party.

Until we meet again.....









No comments:

Post a Comment