Friday, November 27, 2009

2nd Annual Turkey Bowl

Our 2nd Thanksgiving Tradition we started last year is our Turkey Bowl. I took this idea from a friend of mine. Most of our Thanksgiving day is free, so I thought this would be fun. It has been a blast! The kids love it & have talked about it all year.

Tony is setting up our score board. Tony has had a lot of back trouble over the years. Thanks to a lot of prayers and God using our chiropractor, he hasn't had any pain in the last 7-8 months. Yay! He hasn't been able to bowl with us yet, but he said that he thinks he will be able to go with us the next time. Can't wait.

I am so thankful for this little contraption. Faith doesn't have quite enough power to send the ball down the lane every time. Let's just say, the person behind the counter gets to know us really good before we leave. This ramp gives the ball enough power to get it all the way down lane. Faith has gotten several spares.

This shot is to adorable. Collin loves to bowl. He has many different ways that he bowls. This is my favorite by far.

Will is getting to be a very good bowler. Tony was teaching him different ways to send the ball down the lane. He is very competitive . Which can be good, we just need to curve it a little.

I love to bowl with the kids. Not only is it a lot of fun, but I get to use the gutter bumpers as well. The kids think that I'm such a great bowler. They don't really notice how many times it hits the bumpers. Which means if I were to play it like a grown up should, I would really stink. I did bowl, I just didn't post any pictures of me. The only ones that the kids took were of my backside. So you'll just have to trust me.

And the winners are......

I found a funny trophy of a turkey with glasses on for 1st place. He's so cute that I didn't want to give him away. 2nd & 3rd got silver trophies. They keep these trophies until next year.

*************************************************************

I can't believe that I didn't get any pictures of our dinner at Tony's parent's house. It was a little crazy with 7 kids and everyone preparing food to eat. We were blessed to not only have Mammy & Papa, Aunt Leahan, Uncle Kyle, Ashton & Nathan (cousins), but we also had 2 cutie putie
girls with their mom & dad to join us. It was a lot of fun.

I did get one video of Collin & his Papa doing the rabbit dance. Collin has been performing the dance for us. He told us that Papa showed it to him. So tonight when they did it together, I had to get it on video. It was too Funny!

No comments:

Post a Comment