Thursday, August 11, 2011

Co-op Starts Back

Today was our first day back to our homeschool co-op.  The kids could hardly sleep last night from the excitement of seeing their friends & learning new things. (O.K., the latter one was me just dreaming.)

I have the wonderful opportunity to teach the art class this year.  We are doing art around the world.  We will be incorporating geography as well as missionaries from each country that we study.



Today, we studied England. We didn't go over the traditional England stats.  I wanted to make it fun, so we talked about things like:
  • The English gulp down more tea than anyone else on Earth. Even though Americans enjoy their tea also, the English use about 20 times more.
We made a color wheel that was invented by Issac Newton.




I thought that this would be a super fast project, but it took some time.  I had a "science" color wheel to do, but I sent it home for homework.  (For some reason, I wasn't able to download the children's sheet, so I had to create one.)
 
"Tact is the art of making a point without making an enemy." ~ Isaac Newton

Today, I was helping with Collin's Science class. (Hopefully, soon, I'll be able to get pictures of Will & Faith's Science class.)

They are studying Earth Science from Answers in Genesis


Collin is really enjoying learning about Space.  
(Check out the adorable hat.  Gabbie, the little girl wearing it, is just as adorable as the hat.)


Mrs. Tracy is doing a great job with the kids.  


One of the many Science experiments.  (Sorry to say, I can't remember which one it is.)

Collin & Faith are taking Sign Language.  They are really excited about it.  Can't wait to check out their class.  They learned the alphabet & starting on some words.

Will is taking Spanish again this year.  


Spanish Bingo


Addie & Will

No comments:

Post a Comment