Lists, lists everywhere. It seems like I make so many lists (but then can't find them). This week, I have a list of groceries, list of this week's menu, list of Christmas program costumes I need to make, a list of things that need to get done for our program, list of Christmas gifts we are planning to make, list of Christmas presents to get. It keeps going on and on.
I came across this The Thousand Gifts and wanted to record a very important list. Things that have been given to me. Things that I am thankful for. God has blessed me far beyond anything I can imagine. Sometimes, life is so busy that I forget to look at the small & big things.
1. My Salvation. Even if there was no one else in this world, He would have sent Jesus, His only son to die - for just me. He loves me in spite of my faults.
2. My amazing husband, Tony. He is my best friend & the love of my life. He is a wonderful daddy to our children.
2. My 3 blessings. Will, Collin & Faith So many blessings. Watching them grow, learn, love, laugh- what a miracle.
3. The free piano that was given to us.
4. Music. I love music. I love hearing Will playing the piano, Tony playing the trumpet, good Southern Gospel CDs, Jazz, bluegrass & silly love songs. My favorite music to hear - my children singing.
5. The freedom to worship my Lord and Savior.
6. For God's Holy Word.
7. Good Christan movies. I've watched all of the Love Cometh Softly DVDs. I highly recommend them. I can't wait to watch this one sometime this week.
8. Collin's art work. He really enjoys creating. It seems that art maybe one of his gifts.
9. God allowing us to homeschool. What an honor to have to teach my children, spend time with them all day, watch them learn & grow. I am forever thankful that God allowed us to do this. It may not be the easiest road to take, but it is full of joy and blessings.
10. For only having 4 of the 5 senses. I can't smell. I have never been able to smell. I've heard of the wonderful aromas of food, fragrances, flowers, baby's breath, etc. If you've never had it, you don't know what you're missing. Have you ever tried to explain to someone who can't smell, what something smells like? (This perfume smells like roses. Well, what does a rose smell like. It smells sweet, what does "sweet" smell like. It could go on forever. ) I find it very funny when there is a BAD smell & people are fussing, coughing & sputtering from it. One time we were riding down the road and we passed a skunk. The smell got in the car & Tony was flipping out. It can be a blessing not to have the 5th sense.
11. For a Karate studio that loves children & teaches the word of God.
12. For a clean house. (For today, anyway.)
13. For a young man named Andrew Smith that was such a blessing to so many people. He had diffuse intrinsic pontine glioma (inoperable brainstem cancer). We had the honor of knowing him and his family. He went to be with the Lord on Dec. 4th this year. He had such a wonderful testimony and spirit through out his journey. I am so thankful that He was saved and is now with his Lord in heaven.
14. A fun new book we just got Georgie The Frog In A Christmas Surprise. A great book to read to the children. I like it too.
There are so many more gifts that God has given me. I am looking forward to finding them and to be reminded of them.
My cup runneth over!
my new blog
5 years ago