Thursday, December 3, 2009

Christmas Family Fun

For the past 3 years, I have wrapped our books that we read each night. Just to add a little more fun to it. This year, that has not happened yet. It may not happen, but we've had fun reading them.

Most of the books are about the true meaning of Christmas - presented in different ways. We have a few that are funny, silly Christmas books. We usually read these at the beginning of Dec. Then the closer to Christmas we get, we switch to Jesus books. Last night, we had fun reading the Nutcracker.
After that, we put on some jazzy Christmas music and played Bingo. We read and played Bingo with just the Christmas tree lights on. We have a really bright blinking tree. I have astigmatism so it was a little rough on the eyes.

Fun, fun, fun!

*****************

Tonight, after church, I have been making costumes for our children's Christmas program. I am so thankful to have so many moms and grandmas helping to make 31 costumes from around the world.

I am so thankful that God allows me to work with His children. It is fun, wild, crazy, and a whole lot of joy to teach these children. I just wish that I knew more about music. I love the teaching part, but music is not my field. I feel like the kids have gotten the short end of the stick with me as the director. That is where God takes over. In spite of an inadequate director, the kids always do an amazing job. I am grateful for Nancy, our other director. She does such a fantastic job on the piano and keeps us all together.







No comments:

Post a Comment