Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Our Christmas Season part 2


We have really enjoyed going to the Lowe's Kid's workshop this year.  For December, they have been making a 3 part train.










 Before leaving the store, Collin & Faith wanted to get a picture in front of  Lowe's Christmas tree with Jacob. 






 After the 2nd  train workshop, we went with Jacob & his mom, Karen, to a train museum.  The kids really enjoyed this.


My Ladies Sunday School Christmas party was so much fun.  We have a bunch of crazy  fun ladies in our class. 
 Me & Zelle after the party.

This year, I am making a few things for the kids.  I crochet the boys a scarf & then decided to make a stuffed animal scarf for Faith.  I saw a tutorial online.  {I'm sorry, but I didn't save the site & now I can't find it to give them the credit.}  I was going to use one of her many stuffed animals, but then I didn't have the heart to cut it up.  So I bought a new one.


 Poor puppy, he has no idea what is about to happen to him.


It was so funny, it took me about 4 attempts before I actually could perform the surgery.  I'd start & then I had to wait to get my nerve up. 
 Faith can never see these pictures. No one tell her how the scarf was made.

The final product.  
(For some reason, blogger turned my picture sideways & I don't know how to fix it.)

Orange Belt



:Collin testing for his Orange Belt:


:Collin has really enjoyed karate:

 
:Mr. Gerald presenting Collin with his Orange Belt:

Normally, we have a children's Christmas play at our church.  We didn't have it this year.  All of the choir kids were so disappointed.  I hate to dis-appointing kids.  So this year, we decided to let them participate in a neighboring town's Christmas parade.  It was so much fun.  I was so thankful that the Lord warmed it up to 40 degrees for us.

:Collin riding the train:

: Will is just above the black stripe:


:Faith is in the back car on the right:
The back car was designated for me.  
Collin said, "look at the big caboose."  Didn't find that funny.

Caroling & the Manger

Our children's choir also "went" caroling at our church.  
The idea was to sing out on the front lawn of the church as the congregation came in for the night service.
It was so stinkin cold, rainy & windy that we brought the kids inside to sing.  (Since I was directing, I wasn't able to take pictures.  I'm waiting on some from the parents.)
I felt so sorry for Mary & Joseph.  They still wanted to endure the weather.
Thank you Alex & McKayla for enduring the pain for the Nativity scene.


21 Questions ~ or more

Money is always tight.  I was so excited when I came across this blog that had a very inexpensive gift.  At first I really wasn't sure about making it.  I didn't know if the friend that I had in mind would really like it or just think it was cheesy.  It was a huge hit.  Next time I make the flower, I'm going to make it a little smaller.
If you are interested in making one, click above on the  Question Jar to go to the site.  They even have all the questions typed up for you.  It's a great way to get to know each other, conversation starters, etc.

We Wish You A Merry Christmas



What a beautiful group of kids~inside & out. 
I am so blessed & honored to be able to work with these children.
They did such a wonderful job singing It's About The Cross.


No comments:

Post a Comment