Thursday, December 23, 2010

Easy Silhouette Project

Take a picture of you subject facing sideways.



   Then print out the picture on card stock.  I printed it out black and white.


  Then cut each picture out using cuticle scissors.  It makes it a lot to get around those little curves.




Then I painted it with poster paint (because that is all the black that I had).


After the paint dried, the silhouette curled up.  They can be flattened by adding weight on top of it for a few hours.


I found scrapbooking  paper that I really liked & then found matching paint.  I couldn't find an exact match, so I got one that was lighter & one that was darker & mixed the two colors.


Collin painted a few coats of sealer over the painted wooden pieces. 



The final project (still drying)



I just used Elmer's glue mixed in with a little water to glue the scrapbook paper to the wood & then to glue the silhouettes to the scrapbook paper.  Then put a few coats of the sealer over the paper & silhouettes.  (I used J.W. etc's Right-Step water base clear varnish satin finish)
  Gorilla Glue was used to hold the wood pieces together & let dry over night.
I was able to find every thing at AC Moore. Including the already painted letters.

No comments:

Post a Comment