Tuesday, August 31, 2010

What I Learned From a Quilt

God used a hole in a baby quilt to remind me of his blessings. As usual, I waited until the last minute to finish a baby quilt for my friend's daughter. The day of the shower, I started working on the last half. That is when I noticed that I had 2 holes in the quilt. (Long story) I knew that I didn't have any money to go buy something else as a gift. I prayed asking God to give me an idea to fix it - for cheap.

I started Googling & found bits of ideas here & there. Put it together & there you have it. The kids & I went to our local fabric store. In no time, we found the material to create the solution.

We drove as fast as the law would allow heading home. As I was patching up the holes, God reminded me that even though the quilt wasn't perfect (the way I wanted it), I had to trust in Him to help me. By asking God for help & allowing Him to work, He made the quilt that much better. Just as He always does in my life. Yes, there was more work involved, but the out come was better than my vision.

When I am going through a storm in life, I may have to keep going through dark waters, but the victory will be that much sweeter & I will be the better for it.


There was a long hole where the brown ribbon is now. Then another hole where the small birdie is up in the right hand corner.


The finished quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment