Sunday, May 30, 2010

A Birthday Girl's Ramblings

This month has been one eventful month. Nothing major, just lots of little things.
~
Yesterday, was my birthday. My sweet friend Sherry told me that when you turn 35, you start going backwards in years. I like that & I'm going to stick to it. So I am now 34 years old.
~
Funny thing happened on my birthday. Will, my first born, was born on our preacher's daughter's birthday. Savannah, her first born was born yesterday, on my birthday.
~
In the last couple of weeks, I've been able to see the strength of God through 2 amazing ladies.
On Thursday, a precious friend of mine's son was in a motorcycle accident. This dear lady has had a rough year & then to have this happen. Even in the center of it all, as I was driving her to the hospital, she was praising God. Acknowledging Him for His protection. God gave her

Strength when she needed it, because of time that she had spent with the Lord. (Because of God's protection & many prayers for this young man, he survived. He will have to be in the hospital for some time.)


Another Lady, Mrs. Carol, lost her daughter last December. Through it all, this sweet lady has been able to still praise the Lord. Of course, she still grieves, but she clings to the One who can guide her through life's journey.

Mrs. Carol told me of a book called 31 Days of Praise. It's an marvelous book. It is mostly scripture (which is why it is marvelous). Teaching you how to praise our Savior & Lord. When one praises Him daily, it changes the mindset. We focus on God. We fix our eyes on Him with a basic trust in Him.

~

As fire melts unrefined silver, bringing the impurities to the surface, so trials bring the "scum" to the top in your life. When you praise God in the midst of a trial, you cooperate with His plan to remove the scum; when you complain, you resist His plan and stir the impurities right back into your character. this means that God, to accomplish His good purposes, may have to send or permit another trial; it may delay the unfolding of His good plan for you and your loved ones.

Above is a quote from 31 Days of Praise. Oh Lord, help me to praise your name through the midst of trials. Help me cling to you.

~

Since I teach the children's choir, on Sunday night, Tony & I drive in two different cars. He took Collin & Faith to pick up supper. When I came home Faith meets me at the door and yells (for all the neighbors to hear) "We've got Subway - Eat Fresh!" Wish I could've had it on video & sent a commercial to Subway. :)

~

This morning, Collin was helping Faith button her "new" dress for church. Such a sweet picture perfect moment that I did not get. I did, however, get a picture of Faith in her "new" dress. It was my dress that my Nanny made for me when I was a little girl. Faith loved it.


~

It's that time of year again. Ordering curriculum. I decided to go with Sonlight curriculum. It would have been almost $500 for just reading, history & science. I found a wonderful homeschool used book fair on the internet. I was able to get it forless than half. Woo Hoo! What an answer to prayer. I was doing the happy dance.

~

We finished with school 2 weeks ago. I sent in our reports last week (it took me 2 days to complete). We are going to try something new this year. We are going to do school year around. We will start the last full week of June, off the next week for music camp and then on for 3 weeks off for one week for the rest of the year - taking off most of December. We were so burned out when April came around. I've talked to several homeschool moms that do this & they all love it. We'll see.

~

So thankful to be born in America. Thank you to all the men & women who have protected us. For all of those who gave their life, may God bless your families.



Here's to a wonderful 36 years for me. I can't wait to see what new and wonderful things that God has planned for me this year.


No comments:

Post a Comment