Friday, April 30, 2010

Our Little Blue Cottage

Before I had children, I felt God's calling to be a stay at home - homeschool mom. We were blessed to have lots of homeschool families in our church. So we were able to find out about homeschool and spent several years praying about it. I knew that it would be a huge financial sacrifice, but if that is what God's plan was for our family, then He would provide. Provide - He has. He is always faithful & supplies all our needs. We have never gone hungry or been without clothes and we've been able to pay our bills. Thank you Lord!

I remember telling God that I would be content in our little blue "cottage" for the rest of my life if that was what it would take to follow His will.

To be honest, some days it has been a challenge to keep that promise. With 3 children, homeschooling and a very busy husband, it feels like the walls are enclosing around me at times. I do get discourage from time to time. It's fascinating to see how God sends the encouragement. My children's sweet words, loving snuggles, and seeing their tender hearts. Today, I'm feeling the blessings.

The time has flown by & will continue to fly by. I'm so glad that I'm with them through out the day to see them grow physically, spiritually, emotionally & educationally.

Our cottage is filled with love and laughter. I will continue serving my Lord with a glad and happy spirit. Thank you Lord, for all Your many blessings, for loving me despite of my sins, for encouraging me when I am down. I love you, Lord.

1 comment: