Monday, April 12, 2010

A Week of Sewing

Our local library had a homeschool crochet class. Will & I have really enjoyed learning. Will made a baby hat for our friend's little girl all by himself. (Pictures to come.) He is now teaching me how to do a hat. He made the bag above. He has far passed me.

The quilt above I made for my dear friend, Amy. They are missionaries to the Philippines. They will be leaving us a few months earlier because they are adopting a beautiful little girl. It's a little wild in color & pattern, but that's okay. I wanted to make a quilt for her, but at the time our money was very low. I prayed asking God to provide. I went through some clothes that Faith had outgrown & I was able to use them. My God shall supply all your needs. :)
One of the ladies at the shower said that Amy can wrap her little girl in Faith. (Faith's clothes) How precious.
The Very Hungry Caterpiller
I haven't had a baby shower in 2 years, then all of a sudden, 2 showers in one week. Whew! I had bought this material as soon as I found out that my life long friend was having a baby. My kids loved the caterpillar that we added. Below is the back of the quilt. I really enjoyed making both quilts. I covered both babies and families in prayer as I made both quilts. I am so excited for both families. A few more weeks & they will have beautiful girls to add to their already precious family.

No comments:

Post a Comment