Sunday, April 18, 2010

The Art of Gardening

Gardening requires lots of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. ~Lou Erickson

The last time we planted a garden, I was expecting Faith. Since it is not my first love, it hasn't been my 1st priority. My planting hasn't been very succ
essful in the past. Now that the kids are older, I am hoping that we will have more success & they will be in charge of it.

Usually, I'm not a sucker for packaging, but this one got to me - not the kids. We love Veggie Tales. I did, however only get one. How cute!

Faith preparing for the tilling.

My father-in-law so graciously came over to till the garden for us. After he soften the ground, Collin was able to till, till, till. He is such a hard worker.

Shopping at Lowe's for our supplies. The excitement was astounding.


This is what we planted. Just a little bit of everything. Notice the Giant Pumpkin. Collin picked this one out. The package says it will grow anywhere from 400-500 lbs. I think we will have The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown, this year.

They were using a ruler to measure the depth and the distance.

The kids know that I am not very successful at growing, so they are making sure that this year, it will be just right.

Faith was soooo cute. Everytime she planted her seeds, she would blow them a kiss.

Drilling.


Tony & his dad - putting chicken wire around the garden in hopes of keeping our dog & any other animal out that may want to dine on our precious garden.



No comments:

Post a Comment