Monday, January 25, 2010

Joshua 1:8

My computer has been down due to a virus. I am so glad that my hubby was able to bring it back to life. We didn't loose anything, we just couldn't sign on. So I guess I need to thank the crazy person who created the virus for not making one that would destroy everything on our computer. Why do people create just to destroy? That is another blog for another day.



Do we know how to sit and think? Or do we just sit?

Joshua 1:8 "This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success."
We must meditate on the word. We must heed and enforce the word of God.

Meditate day and night. This is more than acquiring knowledge from the scripture. Meditate means to ponder or give serious thought to. The goal for spiritual meditation is application.

We are living in an age that has forgotten to be silent with God. Walking in God's commandments ensures God's promises. "then thou shalt make thy way prosperous and then thou shalt have good success." (vs.8) If we desire to prosper as Joshua did, then we must do as he did.
Study the word of God
Submit to the word of God both day and night.

(the notes above from our Pastor's sermon.)

I want to have success. Maybe not what the world views as success, but what my Lord views as success. I want to have a marriage that pleases God. I want to raise my children to know and love Him- to serve Him. I want to be faithful. When I meet my Heavenly Father, I want to hear Him say "well done, thou good and faithful servant" (Matt. 25:21) That will be my success.

{Side note: When we were expecting our 1st child, I had already picked out the name Faith if our child were to be a girl. 2 babies later, we had our Faith. Not only did I love that name, but it was the essence of my desire ~Faith, to be faithful.}

I need to learn how to sit, be still and ponder on His word. Meditate- apply His word to my life both day and night.

Do we know how to sit and think? Or do we just sit?

No comments:

Post a Comment