Tuesday, January 26, 2010

A Child of the King

A Child of the King~ by H. Buell & J. Summers

1. My Father is rich in houses and lands, He holdeth the wealth of the world in His hands! Of rubies and diamonds, of silver and gold, His coffers are full, he has riches untold.
2. My Father's own Son, the saviour of men, once wandered on earth as the poorest of them; But now He is pleading our pardon on high, that we may be His when He comes by and by.

3. I once was an outcast stranger on earth, a sinner by choice, and an alien by birth; but I've been adopted, my name's written down, and heir to a mansion, a robe and a crown.

4. A tent or a cottage, why should I care? They're building a palace for me over there; though exiled from Home, yet, still I may sing: All glory to God, I'm a child of the King.


Amy is in the middle. My sweet friend, Zelle is from the Philippines. Both are such a blessing to me.
We had a wonderful ladies fellowship last week. I was blessed to hear my dear friend, Amy teach. She has been a missionary to the Philippines for the last 12 years. She is one of my Spiritual heroes.

She has 2 sweet precious boys that my children adore. I love spending time with them. Her love for the Lord just overflows. Just being with her gives me spiritual uplifting. Amy encourages me to be a better child of the King & and a better mom.

The lesson was about the Advantages of being a Child of the King.

1. Presence of the Holy Spirit in my life. John 1:12, John 14:16-17
2. Promises in the Word of God that I can claim. Hebrews 13:5, 1 Thessalonians 5:24, Proverbs 3:5,6 Faithful is He Acts 16:31

3. Power of Prayer in my life. 1 Thessalonians 5:17 - crying out loud - pleading the blood of Jesus.


I nI needed to hear this, to be reminded again. I've seen God's hand in prayer time after time, but sometimes I give things to God and then take it back. At times, I think, I know this is God's will, but why isn't anything happening. How long is it going to take? Then He reminds me- in My time. I have to trust in Him. Some of the things I've been praying about- I know without a doubt He wants it to be so- more than I do. Wait on the Lord and be of good courage. Wait, I say wait.
4
4. Protection of the Lord over me.
Safety is of the Lord. Proverbs 21:31

5. Privilege of serving Him. Joshua 24:15, Psalms 100:2, Colossians 3:23-24

6. "Princess" title I can claim John 1:12 Because I am a child of the King, that makes me His Princess!

Me - a Princess! Does my husband know this? Princess' don't clean their own throne. I do like to wear necklaces - even when I'm cleaning. I wonder if I start wearing a tiara, instead, while I clean if it'll get me out of the chore?

{Side note: If you have a little girl, check out Gigi, God's Little Princess by Sheila Walsh. It is so cute. Faith and I have really enjoyed reading it.)



I am truly honored that God has allowed me to be friends with my spiritual hero!

No comments:

Post a Comment