Monday, March 8, 2010

A Simple Woman's Daybook



The view from where I sit:
The kitchen to my left- with the table needing to be cleared off. The family room to my right - which is all picked up. Flylady would be proud.

Outside my window: Beautiful sunshine. The outdoors is calling for us to enjoy it today.

I'm thinking: I really need to be doing the laundry. I will- as soon as I post this. This week is going to be so busy. It is filled with lots of fun adventures for us. I love going, but I also love to be home.

I am thankful for: Monday mornings. After a full day of church on Sunday, the kids sleep in on Mon. & I can get a lot of work done. Usually, it is my best quit time day.

From the Kitchen: Lemon rotisserie chicken from the crockpot, lemon rice and beans. That's what's for dinner.

I am wearing: a pink t-shirt that says American Mom that was a present from the 'lilbucks & gray pj bottoms.

I'm creating: Will's birthday piano quilt. Hoping to surprise him for his birthday in 1 1/2 weeks. I've got a lot more to do. Praying it'll get done in time.

I'm going: to take the kids to karate and art class. Then off to see my Nanny at the nursing home.

I am reading: the Bible & 4 books on prayer. I'm working on a devotion for our ladies fellowship at church for next week. Yikes! I'm a little nervous.

For homeschool: Will & I are reading A-Z Mystery book, Collin & I are reading Oliver Twist and Faith & I are reading whatever books she picks for the day. We love to read.

I am hoping: That the health care bill doesn't pass. I am praying that God will intervene. Praying for wisdom for our leaders. Tony & I are calling our representatives. We urge you to do the same.

I am hearing: Will feeding our dog Leia. She loves to jump when you are feeding her. He is telling her to stop jumping & then singing to her.

Around the house: Faith & Collin are still sleeping. I haven't turned on any of the lights yet. Just letting the sun shine in through the windows.

One of my favorite things: my new shirt that I got on sale for $4. It is very sassy looking.

A few plans for the rest of the week: Piano, AWANA/Church, a new homeschool crochet class, our homeschool support group's Academic Presentation & a picnic. Hopefully, I'll get to start painting our bedroom.

Hope you enjoy your week. I'm off to do the laundry.

No comments:

Post a Comment